The 11th Annual Blues Under the Bridge will culminate with a day-long festival under the Colorado Avenue bridge.
Blues Under the Bridge has been designated a Signature Event by the Colorado Springs Downtown Development Authority. The festival is a production of 91.5 FM KRCC. Blues Under the Bridge has become recognized as a premier blues music festival attracting blues fans from all over Colorado, and the greater Southwest United States.
There will be three Blues Under the Bridge Pre-Festival Parties to generate excitement for the big event!
Headlining this year’s festival is five-time Grammy Award winner: The Blind Boys of Alabama.
2017 Blues Under the Bridge lineup:
- Mike Clark and Sugar Sounds — 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Erica Brown with the Movers and Shakers — 3:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Bob Corritore and Big Jon Atkinson — 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- The Paladins — 6:45 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
- Blind Boys of Alabama — 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The festival is sponsored by Bristol Brewing Company, Whole Foods, Sovereignty Wines, and the Pikes Peak Blues Community.
There will have food and beverage vendors as well as information, service and non-profit organizations:
- Bristol Brewing Company
- Sovereignty Wines
- Vera’s Coffee
- High Grade Jamaican Cuisine
- Andante Blues Dance Club
- Mateos Philly Cheese Steaks
- Smokin’ J’s BBQ
- Peake Graffix
- Mountain Pie Company
- Kuro Street Retail Gifts
- Old Chicago Pizza
- BF Chew Chew
- Distillery 219
- Whole Foods
- Goldminers Candy
- Greenline Grill
- Itza Waffle
- Frosty Freeze
- Potato Potato
- Colorado Western State University
- Kuro Street Gallery
- Andante Blues Club
- Peake Graffix
- 91.5 KRCC
- Pike Peak Blues Community
- Peak Radar
Festival goers are encouraged to:
- Bring a folding chair to sit on under the bridge
- Bring cash for food and drink
- Bring children, ages 10 and under get in free
Festival goers may not:
- Cross the train tracks east of the performance area – access to and from Blues Under the Bridge is allowed ONLY by using the North and South Cimino St. off-ramps
- Bring food or drink into the venue area
- Drink alcohol without a valid photo ID
- Record any portion of the musical event, i.e., no video or flash cameras
- Bring firearms or weaponry into the event
- Bring pets